.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I was Changed By Rock and Roll"

Musings on shows and introspective resolution. Yeah right.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Forever

I know I haven't blogged in forever, and so much has happened since then, so many festivals, so many road trips, so many recording sessions, so many bands. So much life, too. Can't forget that.

But: I saw Radiohead from the second row at the Greek last night.

Not only was that fucking amazing, but it was fucking unexpected too. I got to the venue, the publicist told me she had some bad news, then handed me a pit wristband.

WHO ARE WE?

I don't know. But "Myxamatosis" was one of the best concert moments of the year, up there with My Morning Jacket's "A Quick One While He's Away" a couple weeks ago at bonnaroo and prince's whole set earlier this year...and "Crazy" at Coachella and "Hang me Out To Dry" at the troubadour. Oh, and the Beck secret show that I meant to blog about and then didn't. I saw beck with 300 people at the soundstages at Sony. It was amazing. His kids were on stage playing with the puppets. Who am I, again?

Damn.

So, yeah, I'm alive. And this is the new background on my computer:


I'll be gone the next couple days. Miss me, if you want.

J

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...which secret Beck show are you talking about?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home