.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I was Changed By Rock and Roll"

Musings on shows and introspective resolution. Yeah right.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Super Sleepy Animals

Not the band: me, at the show, upstairs, sleeping.

The band was great -- very psychedelic, great light show, swapping between guitar-heavy blasts and synth licks, some feigned harmonies and tricked out licks. And they write damn good songs, too: songs that stick as they're sung, swirling and licking and hitting. Hard.

But it wasn't enough to fight off the staves of sleep, so that was me: sitting in between Roxanne and Rachel R., asleep.

Opener Caribou? Roxanne's client, and also fantastic -- post rock squalls and walls of keys, mostly, again with the psychededlic cartoon videos and nonsensical xylophone fills. Didn't sleep through them.

Then: Music Biz cornocopia, across the street for the Subways and Steve Aioki's birthday. I need to meet this Steve Aioli.

I also found out that one of my comrades in rock-arms is no longer with her job. Instead, she joins the peace corps. To actually make some difference in the world.

She's nobler than I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home