.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

"I was Changed By Rock and Roll"

Musings on shows and introspective resolution. Yeah right.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tokyo Police Club/Voxhall Broadcast


Last night, with Paula -- Tokyo Police Club at the Troubadour (the photo's from my interview with their singer, Dave, at SXSW.)

I'm just not sure about them. Dave's one of the best interviews I've had in a while, and his acoustic set was aces, but with the band things get a bit messy and same-y. They had those huge arcade fire-ish lights, which were great and added drama, but I left thinking they might be a hype-machine casualty. The kids, though, loved it; maybe I'm missing something.

Where I'm not missing anything: Voxhaull BroadCast, who played Spaceland on Monday. Motown-influenced swampy rock with great hair. Totally rad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home